Answer the following questions by yes or no...
Well, you guessed it! If you answered yes to some or most of
these questions you're at risk of developing vocal problems in the near
future unless you seriously attend this issue as soon as possible.
The good news is that with proper voice training chances are,
your voice problems can be remedied faster than you think!
- Would you say that you spend most of your day talking?
- Do you have difficulty being heard in a noisy environment or
above a crowd forcing you to raise your voice to address your
- Do you use a low pitch voice to discipline students or when
- Do you sometimes whisper in an attempt to "save" your voice?
- Do you often feel like you need to clear your throat?
- Does your throat feel dry after a lesson?
- Do you feel any pain in your neck area at
the end of your school day?
- Do you ever wake up with a sore voice
without being "sick" per se?
- Do you sometimes feel that your voice is better in the morning
and becomes weaker in the afternoon?
- Do you often catch a cold or the flu?
- Are you an avid coffee drinker?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you have a breathy voice?
- Would you describe your voice as hoarse?
- Do you feel self-conscious about the sound of your voice?